This month I'm posting things over a few months, getting a little done when I can and mostly finishing touches in the body shop with details that I discovered in the assembly.
First was the preparing and painting of the wheels, two of which came from Brazil. Three had to have the nuts welded on for the hub caps, and some needed some rectification of the mounting holes. So then I was able to mount the tires that came from the US.
Then It was off to the body shop on a borrowed trailer, where he re-worked a door and aligned everything, put in the glass and rubber, installed the trim pieces and door hardware.
Back at home I continued to add the little things, including side mirrors, and worked to get it running.
The clutch material had absorbed moisture over the years since I had it resurfaced, so pulled the power train and had everything resurfaced and a new friction material thick enough to compensate for the machining.
I ended up with a faulty fuel pump that was new. This postponed the drive until I could get t good fuel pump.
But I got it cleaned up, took it outside for a few pictures, and went on vacation.