The car came with one rolled up "RENAULT" script which I straightened and copied in resin to use, but finally found a "DAUPHINE" and I took it to the local foundery to copy. They had not wanted to do these since the horizontal bars are too thin for shrinkage when cooling, so we made them a little thicker and I then filed them down to size.
They gave me the blanks to file and sand. Most of this was done with a small set of files and sandpaper on a piece of wood that I shaped as needed for the size of the openings.
My Mini Grinder was handy for a few areas, but mostly for cutting off the base and fine removal of that base.
I also used files for the vertical lines, starting with a triangular file to get deep, then a square file for the 90º angle of the grooves. And a round file for the rounded letters.
Final sanding with 220 grit, 320 grit, and 600 grit paper before polishing on my polish/grinder.