The owner said that the original engine worked well but the timing chain was loose and when he could not find one he decided to change the engine to a Suzuki. He said he did this in 2005, but many of the parts are wrapped in newspapers from 1993.
When I inspected the original engine, I found that it had been repaired once or twice, to 0.020.
Here you can see the actual condition of the parts, with rust everywhere, ans very severe rust on the crankshaft and cam. Also very rusty water pump, etc.
The alternator included is Mitsubishi, the coil isn’t original, and the distributor rotor is patched with epoxy.
Enough damage to give up on restoring this one, so I started to look for a replacement.