In the couse of the project there are a few items that were not specifically month related, so I summarize them here.
One item I wanted was a nice shift handle, so I cut a piece off the dead walnut tree in my yard and converted it to the shift knob.
I also am not a fan of only having the little water temperature gauge on the dash, so I took off the front cover of the transmission and installed a sensor for the oil temperature, sending a signal to the gauge on the dash.
I found that it was running very rich, so measured the pressure of the fuel pump that they sold me as 15 psi. It turned out to be 50 psi, so I installed a fuel pressure regulator. Of course no isntructions came with it, and on-line instructions said to put in on the return line, probably thinking you would hant to increase the pressure, but I put it on the supply line, adjusted it down to 50 psi and it runs great.
And to absorb some of the normal engine sounds, as I did on my Corvair, I installed Dynamat Hoodliner on the interior of the hood.
The next step was to raise the exhaust by shortining the headers and adding clearance, then fabricating a skid plate to protect the engine and transmission.
Then came the fabrication of the bed cover. I bought some marine vinyl in the US and had this sewn together by the upholsterer who did my seats.
Small Projects Here are a few details of small things that have gone into the making of this pup
Dead Walnut tree in yard
Trunk on lathe
Cutting to shape
Piece taking shape
Sanding knob to final form
Finished shift knob
Oil temperature sensor installed in transmission cover