This page shows some of the little things that didn't really need a separate page, but might be interesting to some.
I did go back to Month 29 to add the front speakers so that the radio install would be more complete.
Here we start with fixing the distribution wire supports. Originally I had only been able to paint them, but on my last trip to the states I bought a can of "Plasti Dip". That allowed me to clean up the four wire separators and dip them, protecting the wires.
The next project was covering the steering wheel. I bought a cover and lined it with cork to make the wheel thicker. It was actually a little wide and I wasn't satisfied when the grey that they sent, so I made a new one from scrap leather with the cork liner glued in. But the color wasn't right for me, so I went to the local tannery and they mixed up a special color to match the car.
Then I modified a fuel sending unit from a 1956 Chevrolet to make it the same form and size as the Corvair.
I decided to imporve the lighting, so replaced the dash and tail lights with red LED bulbs from superbrightleds.com The camera tries to adjust for the light, so you can't see all the difference from the pictures, but they make a big improvement. A little later, while ordering the LED bulbs for my Mini, I ordered a set of green bulbs for the dash of the Corvair. Here you can see the difference.
Time came to grease the fan bearing, so I cut up an old gas filter and put a grease fitting in it, then glued it to the fan.
In 2013 Clark's began offering reproduction door sills for 4 door EM's, so I ordered a set. After putting the Fisher Emblems on them and modifying them for my seat belt retractors, I installed them just in time for Christmas.
I had installed a pair of speakers in the dash, but the sound was not great, so I hollowed out some styrofoam and glued it over the speakers, adding another thin solid piece. This made a huge difference in the sound.