This month started out with hopes of driving the car after receiving the missing parts from the UK.
The good news is that the engine runs nicely. The bad news is that when placed in “D” or “R” the wheels do not move. The oil spits out of the filter.
After trying different o-rings and seals, I had the gasket seat widened and flattened to hold the gasket better, but still no luck. While I investigated I installed the headliner (no frame, just sprayed contact cement on the FatMat and foam-backed upholstery fabric.
Then I decided to order springs to replace the old cones, along with a new headlight switch since I found out the old switch was missing the tog that holds them on high-beam.
The springs fit nicely and I’m looking forward to a nice ride.
With virtual books in hand and advice from forums, I pulled the engine and transmission again and checked the valves that were supposed to be sticking. No problem there, although one o-ring was flat, but I noticed a hairline crack in the cast iron end plate for the transmission. I had it welded, then pulled apart the clutch pack where I found the bent discs and shattered forward pressure plate.
While I had the power pack out I modified the sub-frame a little more and then sanded and painted it again.
So I’ll end another trip waiting on parts from the UK.