The upholstery guy gave my seats and door panels back to my brother-in-law. They are going to go nicely.
Not much time this month to be in Tarija, so we will see what the body shop does. I brought the rough aluminum casts of the tail light rims with me to file and wet-sand in Santa Cruz. I found it faster to use a file to get it straight and get out the surface bubbles and shrinkage lines, then follow my usual 220, 360, 500, 1000, 1500 grit sequence of sanding. First thing I did when I got back to Tarija was polish them, leaving them ready for installation (I later learned that these are availavle if you shop for Rover P4 tail lights).
The squaring of the body and modification of the sills and frames to match the saloon doors is not an easy process. A lot of panels for the door frame and trim had to be fabricated. The door sill of the newer clip are slightly wider than the pickup, so a new panel was made to transition from one width to the other. The door frames also had to be modified to match the new doors. Since the water in the original wood seat had trapped a lot of water against the cabin, a new panel had to be fabricated to eliminate all the holes. Another fabricated panel completed the rotten tailgate.