Back in Tarija with the engine parts, finishing the disassembly with the 12 point sockets I bought in the US, and assembling the engine. Here are some of the remaining "before" pictures.
I found that the lifters are badly pitted, so will have to order them and assemble the engine next month. Meanwhile I painted all the engine parts that should be red (and a few other accessory parts) with Polyurethane. Then the black radiator frames, shrouds, supports, bell housing, etc.
There were a few parts remaining on the old shell that can be used by friends, so I spent the morning stripping it.
I also got out the glass beads that I brought from the US and finished the injector body, made a gasket and reassembled it.