Results of Used Oil Analysis - Motor oil
For proactive maintenance you need to have valid used oil analysis from properly taken samples.
In this section we have some of the more representative results from common problems, as well as recommended solutions.
In addition to this, there are many examples in the monthly maintenance bulletins we send out in Spanish.
- Quality: Be careful when you buy on price
- The effectiveness of a good maintenance plan
- Corrosion caused by storing with old oil.
- The effect of soot in the engine
- Dirt and Soot: Both destroy the engine
- Different levels of protection from different oils.
- Viscosity loss and the damage caused.
- Damage caused by extending an oil change interval with poor oil quality.
- Engine damage caused by extending maintenance periods without monitoring
- Damage caused by the entrance of dirt through the air filter.
- Damage caused by cleaning the air filter with compressed air.
- Dirt sands down the engine parts
- Damage caused by the use of an oil bath air filter.
- Examples of good maintenance and good oil.
- Damage caused by water in the oil.
- Damage caused by fuel in the oil.
- Extension of the engine life by a change of air filter.
- The true cost of buying bulk oil from unknown sources