One of the many places where the suspension was bent
Heating and straightening the A frame
Welding patches into the rusted A frame
Painting the suspension
Painting the brakes
Brakes and suspension painted
Sitting waiting for suspension and brakes
Fabricated eccentrics for camber adjustment
Turned steering spindle
Locally made bushing in steering spindle
Front steering and brake plate assembled
New Master Cylinder and wheel cylinders
Sandblasting and preparation
Now some of the parts are cleaned. The brakes are lined, although I've discovered that I have 3 front shoes and 5 rear shoes.
I went to Argentina and the parts I got did not fit, so it took a couple of weeks to exchange them for the correct ones. I was unable to find replacement A frames, so I welded the holes and straightend the ones I had, then painted everything with the Hammerite black anti-rust that I used on the Corvair suspension.
One side of the steering camber adjustment had been drilled out and replaced by a plain bushing. The other was very worn and loose. I had a local machine shop reproduce the eccentrics for this part and make a sleeve for the spindle.