The body shop finally got around the my poor little Renault, and started up again to finish it.
So while I was waiting for the machine shop to finish some work on the Mini I pulled the stainless steel trim off of the windshield and rear window. Using the techniques I worked out for the Corvair, I straightened out the dents, sanded and polished all of the pieces. (full procedures are in this link)
Meanwhile the body shop mounted the front fenders and pulled the rear ones to discover and repair the rust, straightening and aligning them with the hood.
Now with sanding and patching we discover all the hidden work with body putty that had to come out, patch correctly, and eventually paint.